In the last months, I started increasingly using Rmd documents for preparing scientific reports, blog posts, etcetera. While I really like the flexibility offered by the system, one thing that I thought could be improved is the support for easily inserting tables. So, “inspired” also by the recent addition of the excellent insert image addin in blogdown, I decided to give it a go and try to implement some kind of addin to facilitate table insertion in Rmd documents.
The problem I am in the process of migrating my (rather ugly) small blog from “Bloggers” to blogdown and, as several others, I choose to use the hugo-academic theme due to its good looks, simplicity, and “focus” towards researchers.
One nice feature of hugo-academic is that it includes out-of-the-box a “Publications” section, allowing researchers to easily create a list of their publication as a section of the website.
Unfortunately, in order to populate that list, users have to manually create one different .